Dating back to 1580, it is located in the upper part of the town on the border of the historic center of the Borgo.
Overlooking a large cobbled churchyard at the time the Borgo cemetery still almost perfectly preserves its external structure.
The Church has a portal in Sarnico sandstone and coupled columns with Corinthian capitals.
Two niches on the facade (recently restored) house the marble statues of Saints Faustino and Giovita.
The interior has a single nave, with a frescoed barrel vault in the form of a loggia and with an abundance of friezes, flowers, cherubs, frescoes, statues and capitals.
The panels that fresco the ceiling are by Mauro della Rovere known as il Fiamminghino.
The main altar is curved and in polychrome marble.
During the Easter period the "machine of forty hours" is mounted on it, a majestic 5-meter wooden altar decorated with gold friezes, covered with a sumptuous red fabric on which dozens of candles are fixed that make the altar a bundle of light.
The one facing the people and the lectern are by the Biennese sculptor Giacomo Ercoli.
The large altarpiece is by the Venetian Giovan Battista Pittoni and represents the martyrdom of the S.S. Faustino and Giovita.
The beautiful iron gates are the work of Biennese artists of the time.
In the second part of the nave there is the organ on the left, the central part of which is by the Antegnati brothers and on the right the choir, with a fresco by Fiamminghino.
The bell tower, of a completely different architectural style, is rotated by about ten degrees with respect to the Church as it belongs to the Benedictine monastery built previously.
|SUMMER TIME (From April 1st to October 31st|
|08:00 am - 9:00 pm|