THE FORMER FRANZONI FORGE THAT NOW BELONGS TO THE MUNICIPALITY
It was originally a complex of forges; in fact, they were quite three the forges housed in this area, belonging to the Cappellazzi and Morandini families.
The first two were bought by G. Battista Franzoni and then they were passed on to his son Andrea till the moment of their conveyance to the Municipality of Bienno, while the third still belongs to the Morandini family.
Its origin dates back to the seventeenth century, as it is evidenced by the date 1643 carved on the architrave of the entrance portal on the south side of the building. On its façade is still perceptible a votive imagine depicting a Madonna, this is also the evidence that links us up with other similar traces, met along the route.
Inside it is noticed the round arch that characterizes other buildings of the same kind that you meet along the route. With regards to the processing machineries here are still preserved the hammer, the shear and the balance.
Its original purpose of use was the "caadura" forge originally for the production of buckets, after it turned into the “scartadura” one for the production of shovels, spades and hoes; its activity closed down in 1998. After being bought by the municipality of Bienno, the forge was restored in 2004 for being used as a “Forging School”.