Bienno and its sorroundings
Bienno is also a destination from which you can start discovering the neighbouring places that preserve landscape and cultural elements, which enrich with importance the visit to the Camonica Valley.
Capo di Ponte:
it preserves the church of Saint Salvatore that dates back to the 1200 and the National Park of the rocky engravings (an UNESCO heritage) located in the Naquane resort, which has the highest concentration of engravings in the Camonica Valley.
the jewel of the country is the wonderful Shrine of 1752 and it contains the Stations of the Way of the Cross (198 statues) made by Beniamino Simoni. Since 1731, every ten years, it is possible to attend the live performance of the Passion of the Christ, staged by the local people of Cerveno territory.
Breno stands at the foot of the imposing Castle which dominates the village rich in history with squares of rare beauty; museums; exquisitely frescoed churches; mosaics of the Roman temple of Minerva located on the river bank along the Oglio cycle path and still sumptuous twentieth-century villas, including Villa Gheza with a surprising Moorish style.
The local cuisine delights the palates with the strong flavors of the Caicc; Castrato sausage; or caress it with the delicate sauces of the Brenese sirloin; or with the sweetness of Spongada.
it was nominated by the Roman as the capital of the Camonica Valley and is a destination that you have not to omit visiting it.
A series of excavations in 1973 have brought to light the Roman ruins of a theatre, an amphitheatre and a part of the old village, a complex that adds an inestimable historical and artistic value to the whole area. It is the seat of the National Archaeological Museum of the Camonica Valley.
Proloco Cividate Camuno
it is rich in prehistorical rocky engravings and Roman tombstones. The second half of the fifteenth-century monastery-shrine of Announced of Ossimo is striking with frescoes by Da Cemmo and Paolo da Cailina.
it overlooks the Iseo Lake and offers to visitors numerous medieval buildings including the Parish Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, one of the largest temples of the Camonica Valley and the church of Saint Mary of the Snow, which contains precious works of the Romanino.
equipped with a tourist port and a beautiful lakeside, it is a destination for walking and shopping.