5th Panel

THE ALPIFER ROLLING MILL

Originally in this place there were two forges belonging to the Bettoni Brothers, which between 1948 and 1949 were incorporated into a single structure for obtaining a reinforcing rod rolling mill.
The rolling cylinders were made up of trees with pipes and for this reason it can be considered a precursor of the modern rolling mills, as it was one of the first rolling mills built in the province of Brescia.
Initially there were used the water wheel also for rolling the rod for making the handles of the buckets.
In the seventies, when there were built two sheds, was born the Alpifer Rolling Mill, which was still managed by the Bettoni Brothers and then by the Lanza Brothers, until it was closed down in 1995. The complex includes as well as the sheds, the direction house and the weighhouse.